We’ll Take Care of You.
Broward Health has worked hard to create a flexible and progressive benefits package to meet your needs for today and tomorrow. We hope to be able to enrich your quality of life with programs and perks that make a difference for you and the people close to you.
Benefits are effective the first of the month following hire, with eligibility dependent on your employment classification. While we are continually updating and expanding our programs, here is a brief overview of what you can expect when joining us:
Your Benefits Package
Broward Health offers a variety of benefits. Your eligibility for most of our plans will depend on your employment classification. Your benefits are effective the first of the month following hire. While we are continually updating and expanding our programs, here is a brief overview of what you can find when joining us:
- Competitive salaries, including weekend and shift differentials
- Annual merit based performance increases
- Holiday pay
- Flexible schedules
- Part-time shifts, with benefits available
- Employee referral program
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty pay
- Preceptor pay
- Charge pay
- On call/call back pay
- Floating pay
- Choice of medical plans (PPO, EPO or HDHP)
- Choice of dental plans
- Prescription drug card plan
- Vision plan
- Domestic partners benefits
- Retiree health insurance
- Coverage equal to annual base salary, rounded up to the nearest $1,000
- Voluntary life supplemental coverage paid by employee available
- Voluntary dependent child and spouse life available paid by employee
- Business Travel Accident Insurance up to $500,000
- Long Term Disability is available for purchase at time of hire at 50% of the cost
- Short Term Disability is also available for purchase at time of hire
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible spending accounts are available to eligible employees – Health Care and Dependent Care. Money put in either account is contributed on a pre-tax basis, thus reducing your taxable income.
- Pre-tax savings for expenses not covered by your insurance (i.e., co-payments for office visits, prescriptions, eye glasses, dental, over-the-counter medications).
- Designed to help employees with dependent day care expenses necessitated by their work schedules such as licensed nursery school, day care center for children under the age of 13 or care for a disabled dependent.
- A Health Savings Account is used to set aside dollars pre-tax to pay for qualified medical expenses. IRS rules state that in order to open an HSA and make tax deductible contributions, you must be enrolled in a high-deductible health plan.
Retirement & Banking
- 403(b)/Savings Program – after one year of service in an eligible status, will match a portion of your contribution to our tax deferred savings (Star Plus) plan. If you elect to save 5%, we will contribute 2.4% of your salary up to the IRS compensation limit.
- Tax Sheltered Annuity 457(b) savings plan
- 403(b) & 457(b) Loans and Hardships available
- Pension program offers enrollment after one year of employment, with vesting after five years of employment, and a benefit which equals 5% of your cumulative annual salary up to the IRS compensation limit.
- Banking discounts and credit union services
- Identity theft protection
- On-site credit unions
- On-site ATMs
- At-work banking program.
- 24/7 automated verification of employment
- Employee assistance program (EAP) benefits
- On-site gym
- Employee health services
- Child-care listings
- Periodic wellness screenings
- Travel assist benefits
- Personal leave program initially provides 23 days per year for vacation, holidays, personal time, and for the first three days of illness
- Sick pay program initially provides 5 days for extended illness during the first year of employment
- Personal leave and sick pay benefits increase as your length of service increases
- Annual cash-in of excess personal leave, subject to annual executive approval
Family and Other Leaves of Absence
- Family medical leave for qualifying circumstances
- Leave may be granted to employees for personal or educational needs or if they are not able to use Family Medical Leave, subject to management approval
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Generous tuition reimbursement through the tuition assistance program
- Scholarship programs
- Cafeteria discount
- Discounted tickets to recreational parks and events, popular attractions, movies and more
- Service awards recognition
- Free parking
- Tri-Rail discounts